It's DIY time again. And just like my previous tutorial, this one involves yet another unconventional materials: Watches.
We all love watches. Whether you are a fashion savvy or not, a watch is a must especially for those casual events and daily activities. But what if your watch no longer works? There's actually two ways to turn these item into two new accessories and I'll be sharing the first one today.
What you need: (from left to right)
1. Old Watches 2. Pliers 3.Cutter 4. Necklace Chain (optional) 5. Needle and Thread 6. Beads.
1. Using the pliers, remove the strap from the watch. Be sure to save the metal piece that hold it as well the watch. We'll be using that for another DIY.
3. Choose two beads. Using the needle and the thread, sew the straps together. Be creative, you can use different beads with different colors and sizes. You can even use more than two.
4. Here's what the result should be. Make sure that the thread is properly tied together. Also, be careful if you are using rubber straps as too much pressure might cause it to break.
5. The design could be as is but you can also add additional features like this one. Using the cutter, cut different shapes and sizes according to your design preference.
6. Again, be creative. You can use different straps, beads and styles to achieve different designs.
7. Tada! It's as simple as that. You can make one in less than 10 minutes. Isn't it cool converting old items into new accessories..?? :)
- Justin -